…a mixture of lefty blogs and some other stuff that caught my eye. Much like always really:
- Jim Jepps on why seeing the back of NHS Direct might not be the end of the world.
- Why is Malcolm X like David Cameron? Read Dave Osler to find out.
- Also at LibCon, Sunny thinks the Guardian is being taken for a ride by the Tories over the Labour leadership.
- Adam Curtis looks at how attitudes to debt in the UK have shifted, and why.
- The BBC is coming under pressure to stop making jokes about class. Victoria Coren is worried, and you should be too.
- Finally, Prisoner Ben needs your help – more specifically, your cash – so he doesn’t have to quit his PhD. Paul Sagar has more. Please give what you can.